8/14/2007

Week 9 : Thing 23 - Summary

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I had several favorites, but if I had to pick, I'd say learning about newsfeeders, blogs, and Flickr mash-ups are at the top of my list. I was really surprised at how easy it is to create a blog. And I was pleased to learn that you really don't have to be very computer savvy to be able to do all of the tasks.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? It has made me more confident to try new things - especially those that are technology-related.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? On a personal note, it was helpful to find an easy way to share photos with friends and family. I can't wait to play more on the mash-up sites.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? It was sometimes difficult to get to a staff computer in order to use headphones during work hours, but I'm not sure how you can avoid that and still learn as much.

And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Definitely.

How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program? I've learned so much, I'm sorry to see the program end! The structured format for learning the 23 Things helped me to set my goals and stick to them. As a children's librarian, it was fun to step out of the world of flannelboards, puppets and filmstrips and into the world of blogs, mash-ups and wikis! I really hope we will have more opportunities like this one in the future. Thank you!

No comments: