8/07/2007

Week 9 : Thing 20 - YouTube

This was an entertaining assignment. What did I like? It was incredibly user-friendly. I like that you can easily access the videos that are most viewed, most discussed, most linked and most responded. It really keeps you in the loop. What did I dislike? Hmm... not much.

I chose the "I got a crush... on Obama" video by Obama girl because I heard an interview with the songwriter on an NPR segment about the internet's influence on politics. I thought this would be a good time to check the video out...

As for libraries - I can see using YouTube to create podcasts that would describe how to navigate our website, use the card catalog, or get homework help. Perhaps we could also have "Top 10" lists that evolve (such as "most circulated books"), or a place for people to add comments about a book they checked out...

No comments: