8/02/2007

Week 6: Things 13, 14, 15 - Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati

Thing 13: Del.icio.us - The tutorial is down, so I just played around on the site.I think I'll enjoy using this tool. I've been able to create a link on my taskbar in Foxfire, but not in Explorer.

Thing 14: Technorati - an interesting tool, and useful for those who love blogs. I'm still learning to like blogs.

Thing 15: Thoughts on Web 2.0, Library 2.0, and the future of libraries... I've been pondering the future of libraries for awhile now. This was a good exercise in learning what the future holds. I appreciate much of what Michael Stephens has to say about embracing Web 2.0 tools - particularly the wikis and mashups.

It will be hard to break away from the "come to us" model of librarianship that Rick Anderson refers to, but our own circulation figures show that we are going to have to steer our boat in another direction if we want to survive.

I absolutely love the "The Machine is Us/ing Us" video on YouTube. It is indeed, a work of art.

No comments: