8/04/2007

Week 7: Thing 16 - Learn about wikis

My prior experience with wikis only went as far as wikipedia. Even then, I used it as more of a springboard to what I considered "more reliable" sources. This exercise has peaked my interest, and I'll be visiting wikis more often, such as www.libsuccess.org and www.webjunction.org.

As for our PGCMLS intranet, I can see using wikis to create our juvenile subject lists. A wiki format could keep the list more current, with new titles added everyday.

I would also love to see a "successful storytimes" wiki. There are times when you know you have hit the ball out of park with your storytime lineup, and want to share that information with others. Of course, we could also use our staff blog for that...

I wonder if the teenagers would like to have a wiki page on our site?

No comments: